Basic questions - wannabe MF user

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Stan Disbrow Veteran Member • Posts: 5,137
Re: Reply 2: Why GFX100s

Hi,

My wife has a decent Bridge camera. And she was OK with it more than half the time. The rest of the time she got me to shoot instead.

After a few years, she wanted an ILC though. Not a big one like any of mine. Meaning I couldn't just hand her one. So, we went shopping. She chose a Nikon D3500. And three lenses, one of which is macro. So now she uses that most of the time and shoots all her own stuff.

As an aside, she likes optical viewfinders over electronic ones. She really didn't like any of the mirrorless models. And, I didn't steer her towards any brand or type. I let her do the actual shopping.

Now here's an interesting thing: She prefers to use the Bridge for video even though the other does it equally well.

And, I will use her Bridge for video as well, but only because I don't have an ILC that can do video. And, I haven't picked up a dedicated video camera, which would be my choice. I just don't shoot video that often so hers will do.

The bottom line here is, yes, it is a good idea to give things a try before one buys.

Stan

-- hide signature --

Amateur Photographer
Professional Electronics Development Engineer
Once you start down the DSLR path, forever will it dominate your destiny! Consume
your bank account, it will! Like mine, it did!

Stan Disbrow's gear list:Stan Disbrow's gear list
Kodak DCS520 Kodak DCS760 Nikon D1H Pentax 645D Nikon Df +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow