A1 temptation, so...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ZilverHaylide Senior Member • Posts: 1,229
Re: A1 temptation, so...
  1. Old Pirate wrote:

I don't need three cameras so do I trade my A7riv or A9ii? Anyone who has shot all three who would share their opinion I would appreciate.

I travel.

I love to shoot BIF.

Grandchildren portraits, and cameos, and their sports indoors and out are done alot in non Covid times.

I am leaning towards keeping the A9ii, but seeking opinions of others in the event this old man simply is missing the obvious.

Thank you for your input.

Unless you have a money tree, I'd look at it from the perspective of how much glass you could buy for the cost of an A1. At current U.S. prices, for the cost of the A1 plus about $50 additional, you could buy, new, all of the following: the Sony 20mm f/1.8 G, the new 35mm f/1.4 GM, the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN, and the Sony 100-400mm GM with 1.4x teleconverter! It'd be less glass if you were reducing the A1 purchase price via a single-body trade-in, but it likely would still equate to a fair amount.

And as others have pointed out, I wouldn't trade in multiple bodies unless you were still left with at least one other besides the A1, otherwise you'd have no other for either backup, or as a secondary with a different lens for when changing lenses was impractical or too slow.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow