Goosenecks State park Utah

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mfinley
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 4,982
Goosenecks State park Utah

This is a stitched pano, bracketed HDR (probably not too shocking) from my last trip out to SE Utah taken about an hour after sunrise. I was finally able to get a shot of the double gooseneck without that big triangular piece of ground rearing up in the middle of the image blocking the view of the river you always see.

A tip I would offer is to take the time to hike down to the level below you from the viewpoint (there is an often overlooked slot in the viewpoint wall to the right that gives you access). The triangular ground lower in the image is actually another level below that bench you see from the top. I'm pretty sure you could actually walk down to the river as every time you walk to the next bench below you there is another and another like stairs going all the way down.

Another bonus of walking down to that bench is you can hear the river rapids which I couldn't hear from the top, which adds to the solitude of the experience.

At sunrise you'll have the view mostly to yourself, the only irritation is all the RVs parked along the rim, not because of them blocking the view, but because a few of them are already up and making breakfast and that wonderful smell of bacon cooking is quite taunting.

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow