How to accomplish darktable support for X100v and X-T4?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rightsaidfred
Rightsaidfred Contributing Member • Posts: 953
How to accomplish darktable support for X100v and X-T4?

Dear community

I am a darktable user, and I am on Linux Mint. This is my system, and this is my workflow.

Now, a friend of mine joined the Fujifilm universe which really makes me happy, and he went for an X100v. I asked him for a sample raw and found the X100v not supported by darktable. So is this really true, is there really no darktable support? Do you know a workaround? Of course one could just replace the model with the X-T3 in the Exif data, e.g., with Exiftool. But is there a better way?

Also, I could not find the X-T4 in the list of cameras in darktable which really puzzled me - I mean it is one year, and it is such a popular camera!

The following screenshot shows the Fujifilm-X cameras supported by darktable 3.5.0.

Fujifilm-X cameras supported by darktable 3.5.0.

Another problem that I already mentioned in other posts is that the Lensfun project looks quite orphaned. darktable relies on Lensfun for lens correction profiles. I delivered photos for the Viltrox 23 mm f/1.4, and a nice person really made a profile out of them.

FYI: I just downloaded darktable 3.5.0 for Ubuntu 20.04 from here: https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/graphics:/darktable:/master/xUbuntu_20.04/amd64/darktable_3.5.0~git1726.1dc69e0b1-1_amd64.deb

BR,

Martin

Rightsaidfred's gear list:Rightsaidfred's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Venus Laowa 15mm F4 Macro +5 more
ANSWER:
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow