First Outing With the Olympus 150-400/f4.5 Lens

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DLBlack Forum Pro • Posts: 14,938
First Outing With the Olympus 150-400/f4.5 Lens

I pre-ordered this lens on the day of or the next day from my local brick and mortar camera store. Around the time of my pre-order the small camera store lost their direct Olympus Rep. Then Olympus spinned off their camera business. So with these changes I wondered if I would ever receive this lens. Anyhow my salesman called Thursday afternoon to let me know it has arrived. I couldn't get to the camera store until this morning. After unboxing the camera I went out to couple of parks to take some wildlife photos. It was a rainy day. So low and flat lighting. A friend was with me and was using his E-M1X with the 300mm/f4.0 lens. I was also using an E-M1X.

I am impressed with the lens. It was smaller and lighter than I was expecting. It balancing very nicely on the E-M1X. It even feels lighter than the 300/4.0. The focus is very quick. The built-in teleconvertor is very easy to activate. I was pleased that the lens on the camera can fit in my Think Tank Streetwalker backpack with enough space for couple more lenses.

Here is a link to a Flickr album with Sstraight out of camera photos that I Wi-Fi from the camera to my smartphone and then on up to Flickr. The link is https://www.flickr.com/gp/david_l_black/2R3UM7.

I am impressed with the lens.

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II +40 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow