Preparing for a trip to rainforest in Costa Rica

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pendraggon87 Junior Member • Posts: 46
Preparing for a trip to rainforest in Costa Rica

I'll be visiting Costa Rica shortly and will be going on a day trip in one of the rain forests. I currently have the WANDRD PRVKE pack with a rain cover, but am concerned that depending on how much it rains I may be better served with a more traditional pack with

My gear that I plan on bringing:

* Sony a7riii
* Tamron 17-28
* Tamron 28-200
* Cleaning kit
* Set of Kase filters
* Tripod (this is a heavy Sirui tripod, may look for a lightweight travel tripod but my budget for new gear right now is < $500, not sure what prices are for a good one)

Any recommendations on whether my current pack with raincover would be fine or if there is a good daypack that would keep my gear safe?

Also looking for any tips you may have about keeping the camera safe and usable in the rainforest. I bought one of those kvrd (seriously does no one like vowels?) lens hoods because my Kase adapter ring makes it so that I can't use my standard lens hood, but I may just ignore the filters and use the hood to help keep rain off the lens where possible. Also trying to see if I need one of those storm covers.

I was also debating getting a GoPro to use if I feel uncomfortable based on weather using my a7riii, but not sure at all what gopro to get - i don't want to shell out a ton since I won't use it too often.

Last (I know, this is all over the place!) - is there any recommendation on insurance for my gear that would cover potential issues from rain/humidity?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow