D850 can't set shutter speed faster than 1/2000 in Q and Qc

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stephen1729 New Member • Posts: 21
D850 can't set shutter speed faster than 1/2000 in Q and Qc

Calling all D850 owners out there.

I discovered this issue today when shooting in very bright conditions.  Aperture priority was having problems over-exposing because it couldn't set the shutter speed faster than 1/2000s.  The problem affects M and A with Q and Qc shutter settings.  S, Ch and Cl are fine.  I ALWAYS shoot in Qc.  The last time I shot with a shutter speed over 1/2000 was before I installed the version 1.20 firmware update about a month ago.  Since then I hadn't any need to shoot faster than 1/2000 until today.

I have tried a variety of lenses.  The problem exhibits on every one I tried.

I reset the camera to its default configuration.  QUAL + +/- wasn't enough!  I also had to  go to Setup Menu > Reset all settings.  The problem went away.

BUT BUT BUT .... on restoring my settings, the problem has come back.  Now I face the tedious business of wiping the settings again and testing every time I apply a setting to see which one breaks it.

If any D850 owner there has seen this issue, or has any ideas, please let me know.  I can't be sure, but it does look to me as though it may be related to the firmware update I applied.

Many thanks

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow