star adventurer question

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
draacor
draacor Senior Member • Posts: 1,776
star adventurer question

I am trying to find out more info but i cant find answers anywhere online. I just ordered the Star adventurer Astro pack. I then bought the counterweight kit. I would have gotten the pro but its sold out everywhere and I need it in the next two weeks. Basically what I am trying to find out is I have an Acratech Long lens head for my camera work and wanted to know how well the star adventurer works with it. Does anyone NOT use the EQ wedge base with this tracker? and would i be better off buying it separately at $65 or use what i got?

I also bought a shutter release cable for my R5 to connect to the adventurer, hope that works well. I am going out into the desert on a 5 night camping trip and just want to make sure i have everything i need. I have done lots of astro work in the past but never with a tracker. This will be my first. I plan to do some deep space stuff, and have the R5 and RF70-200 f2.8 so hopefully that will be sufficient for some stuff.

-- hide signature --

Aaron Smith
Wolfe Photography
www.nvwolfe.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/finalimpact/

draacor's gear list:draacor's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow