XE-4 Controls for playback question

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jwilliams Veteran Member • Posts: 6,033
XE-4 Controls for playback question

Thinking about making a venture into Fuji territory (currently use Canon R and m43).  This is not for a full system camera setup but for a small easy to carry around camera most likely to be used with a wide to normal lens.  X100V is tempting but it seems an XE-4 w 27 2.8 is less money and ultimately more flexible, although I think I'd have to add the grip for handling purposes.

I really like the addition of the tilt screen so that is the main reason for going for the 4 vs 3 or other camera.  I generally shoot in Av mode.  It seems like I could set the camera in that mode, use the aperture ring and exp. comp dial for their intended uses and then use the front dial for ISO.  That's the main things I want to set during shooting.  Seems fairly straightforward.

What I'm trying to figure out is how does one zoom/scroll and jump from shot to shot during playback.  It would seem there is only one dial and possibly the back joystick to do all that.  So how do folks go about viewing your pics in playback mode with the rather limited controls?

Any general thoughts on the XE-4 are also welcome.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Jonathan

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow