Sony FE 14mm F1.8 GM

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 5,484
Re: Sony FE 14mm F1.8 GM

Looks to be the ideal prime lens for UW but what will its cost be? Don't think it will be a low cost as the 24/1.4 and 35/1.4 GM both of which are excellent and I now how. Much wider than the 20/1.8 G. Now I have to ask myself if I can live with just the FE 16-35/2.8 GM I have, move to a FE 12-24/2.8 GM or add this to get wider than my 16-35?

If its the right price I would love to add this  but will have to see. While I always claim I want to do astro work I am not getting around to doing it so am also considering the 12-24 f/4 as if landscape is all I plan to shoot at the UWA focal length.

Also, Sony is doing their best to make me go poor at a faster rate.  I have chosen to buy more lenses right now than invest in an A1. So the 35/1.4 and 50/1.2 are already planned even though I knew this was comming.

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +35 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow