A1 temptation, so...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
PWPhotography Forum Pro • Posts: 10,970
Re: A1 temptation, so...

AZheaven wrote:

Old Pirate wrote:

I don't need three cameras so do I trade my A7riv or A9ii? Anyone who has shot all three who would share their opinion I would appreciate.

I travel.

I love to shoot BIF.

Grandchildren portraits, and cameos, and their sports indoors and out are done alot in non Covid times.

I am leaning towards keeping the A9ii, but seeking opinions of others in the event this old man simply is missing the obvious.

Thank you for your input.

So far everyone that I've seen has sold their A7RIV and A9/A92 (or 3rd gen cameras) to get the A1. Some however have kept the A7RIV as a spare.

I sold A9 (with grip) and A7r III two months ago and keep A7r IV. I usually carry two bodies into trips. I plan a trip to the Iceland again at end of May or early June and need to get A1 by then. Called B&H a few days ago and they told me shipping time is within 2 weeks. Just hope in next two weeks there will be an EDU discount that I am waiting for. I know B&H has 30 day price adjustment policy. But I am afraid I need to order soon.

A7r IV and A1 will be a great combo for all purposes. Previously I carried A7r III and A9 but A9 is not the best in resolution and base-ISO DR. Then I bought A7r IV (with fantastic $2450 EDU price) and carried A7r IV and A7r III that did great in landscape type photos but not the best in action type photos. With A1 I feel I also need to study video and learn video shooting and editing skill.

PWPhotography's gear list:PWPhotography's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony a7R IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow