AZ drought

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
noisebeam Senior Member • Posts: 2,946
Re: AZ drought

AZheaven wrote:

GCam wrote:

I have often wondered why, with all the floods we have in Houston and in many places in the rest of the country, we do not have a system around the c9ountry similar to The California aqueduct system, where water is carried over the mountains, and one in the desert from the Colorado into southern California. I realize there would be a lot of environmental hazards to deal with, but it seems like a good idea to be included in the current infrastructure bill under consideration. Our reservoirs in Texas are down, and the Ogalalla Aquifer is way down as well, not to mention Lake Powell. Would put a lot of people back to work just as the CCC did back in the day, and the country would benefit. gc

Phoenix does have an aqueduct system that gets water from several sources. Where I'm not sure of. But the more snow in the high country the better from what I was told. And all that water is for the now over 4 million people in the Phoenix area.

Water comes from the Gila and Verde rivers via the SRP reservoir and canal system and from the Colorado via CAP.  Also ground water.

noisebeam's gear list:noisebeam's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow