Transferring settings between modes

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
foxox
foxox New Member • Posts: 2
Transferring settings between modes

Hi all! I have owned a Z5 for a few months now and love it! I'm using the user (U1/2/3) modes primarily because it's so easy in the camera to save settings in those places. Except for minor differences, I keep U1/2/3 the same so that it's easy to find things when I need them. However, my M/A/S/P settings have diverged quite a bit making those modes hard to use.

If I configure, for example, in P mode, it's easy to "Save user settings" and then overwrite U1/2/3. However, I can't figure out any way to go the other direction -- to save my config from U1/2/3 back to M/A/S/P. Is this possible without copying settings over one by one manually?

Since I don't think it's possible in the camera, I'm just starting to try to reverse engineer the "Save/load menu settings" file so that I could make the changes I want to make there and then load the changes back in. If successful I suppose I can provide an update here later with information.

foxox's gear list:foxox's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P80 Nikon D50 Nikon Z5 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow