A1 vs Future Tech

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BiscuitoftheSea Regular Member • Posts: 197
A1 vs Future Tech

Obviously the future is unknown, but my question is based on what is suspected/rumored to happen with photography tech in the future.

The A1 has some impressive technology. 8k30/4k120, 50MP, 30FPS, etc. It appears to shove all current tech into one camera. But my question (and I think a lot of people's question when considering buying a $6500 camera) is what technology is coming that isn't in the A1.

I have an A7III. If the upcoming rumored advancements in photography are relatively minor, I'd seriously consider moving to the A1 for my camera of the next decade. If the rumored tech on the horizon is potentially ground breaking, I'm much more willing to wait things out.

Example: in the next 5 years, the major things to look forward to are built in computational advancements, 8k60fps and a body redesign...those aren't all that important to me, so I'dlook closer at the A1. If, on the other hand the new tech is a new sensor design that makes massive advances in low light photography, that would make me hesitate.

In short, I'm trying to see what is next in photography to help make a decision today.

Note: please don't say there is always a new, better version on the horizon, you just have to jump in. The point is, what is "better" is subjective and may be better but not worth waiting for.

Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow