Advice/help re focus stacking etc G9

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,953
Advice/help re focus stacking etc G9

Can anyone offer advice on focus stacking etc, I have never explored the features on the G9.

I realise you would probably need to use a tripod and maybe have the subject indoors out of the wind.

I`ll tell you what I am after, I want to shoot flowers and more so blossom, I don`t want to stop the lens right down and would rather stay at 5.6 max but get more of the subject in focus. Can the shot be processed automatically in the camera? I`ve looked at a couple of you tube videos but it seems a bit complicated. Maybe I would be better to take a series of shots manually focusing but the field of view would probably change making it difficult bind them all together. I`m not new to photography but have never explored these features on any camera. If it is fiddly and not worth the effort then I`d rather be told to not bother. Also if I`m reading the manual correctly it looks like you can only shoot j pegs?. Would you use the E shutter when doing this sort of thing?

I`m not really a tripod man, I`m 76 years old and tripods add too much extra weight. If it`s not really worth all the bother then please tell me.

Thanks for any advice

Dave

-- hide signature --
 Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Fujifilm X-T10 +19 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow