A small harbor, islands, and a story

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 10,466
A small harbor, islands, and a story

I'm licky enough to live just in front of the méditerranean sea.

Yesterday, I went for a walk with my grand son and took the P7800.

Here is a very small harbour, at the end of the road in the south of Marseille. It's called Callelongue, wich means "big creek"

When the wind blows, this "big creek" is not very secure for the boats. That's why the owners pull the boats dry. Some have not been used for yearsSome have not been used for years

From the small port, you can go up to an ancient semaphore, from where the view is magnificent

On the next picture, you can see two small rocks on the left of the island.
Nearby, at a depth of 40 meters, lies the wreck of the "Liban", a liner that sank in 1903, after a collision with another boat.

The Lebanon tried in vain to run aground between the two small rocks. The accident caused the loss of the vessel and the death of nearly one hundred passengers. The uncertain number of victims is due to the fact that tickets were being sold on board the ship and were therefore still being sold at the time of the tragedy. Lebanon had just sailed from Marseille

All diving schools go there to dive.

I hope you enjoyed the photos and the story.

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
Nikon Coolpix P7800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow