People looking for good lenses (except for wildlife and sports photographers?) can wait?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
WongRQ Forum Member • Posts: 73
People looking for good lenses (except for wildlife and sports photographers?) can wait?

https://petapixel.com/2021/03/31/canon-appears-to-be-rapidly-discontinuing-its-dslr-lenses/

That sucks...

The reason why I think wildlife and sports photographers can wait a little is because of the EVF lag but who knows? Canon might improve their mirrorless body EVFs.

I have been on the hunt for kit lens replacements for my EOS 7D lately, and I saw this, and thought: should we wait?

If you were to get these lenses and sell them when EF is as dead as FD, do you think the resale value stays the same as well?

Quick question: I notice that RF lenses are getting more expensive than their EF equivalent lenses, like the 100mm f/2.8 Macro and their 70-200mm f/4L. Why?

WongRQ's gear list:WongRQ's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow