GM 14 f/1.8 - ups - SONY did it again - hello my 3rd love in a few weeks

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
joger
joger Veteran Member • Posts: 6,734
GM 14 f/1.8 - ups - SONY did it again - hello my 3rd love in a few weeks

GM 14 f/1.8 | GM 35 f/1.4 | GM 50 f/1.2 | GM 135 f/1.8 - all advanced designs and probably best in class

SAR has posted images from Nokishita from the rumored GM 14 f/1.8

Sony did it again and this will be the third lens I am going to order this spring.

Amazing what Sony is capable of doing and I guess it can be taken for granted that this will be an astonishing lens design again.

My educated guessing:

• 550 g weight
  • best in class mtf curves
  • roughly the same size as the GM 35
  • rear filter holder ( hopefully )
  • € 1800 .. 2000

My brand new GM 35 is phenomenal and the GM 50 is on order and the GM 14 will be on order once released.

Together with the GM 135 this will probably the best lens line up of primes in the industry. All lenses setting new records in comparable compactness and weight being the smallest and lightest lenses in their individual competition second to none.

I will keep my G 12..24 f/4.0 for the times when I do time lapses but for traveling the GM 14 will be my goto prime in the future.

My three lens setup will be GM 14, GM 35 and GM 135 for the day hiking bag-pack.

Only lens remains to get an overhauling will be the GM 85 being maybe also an f/1.2 version.

What do you guys think?

P.S. Sony seems to be preparing for the high res sensors of the future

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow