A1 temptation, so...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
joger
joger Veteran Member • Posts: 7,027
deteriorate in used price is what might concern too

Beatsy wrote:

Trade the A9ii. A1 can do everything the A9ii can but not everything the A7riv can. OK, that last is only in terms of resolution, but could swing the balance.

... and the A9 II will faster deteriorate in used price due to grey market prices brand new.

When looking at the current purchasing price ( including fax ) I see following ranking:

1. Alpha One - list price € 7,300 - grey market € 6,500 - when MK II available in mint condition 2 years old maybe € 3000 .. 3,500 => loss up to € 4,000
  2. A9 II - list price € 5,400 - grey market € 3,600 - 2 years old maybe € 2,300 .. 2,500 => loss up to € 3,000
  3. A7R IV - list price € 4,000 - grey market € 2,600 - when MK V available in mint condition 2 years old maybe € 1,800 .. 2000 => loss up to € 2,000

For the € 2 k cameras the potential loss is potentially below € 1 k - but I guess most people will be keeping their A7 III as a backup camera when getting the A7 IV

There will be an Alpha One MK II and an A7R IV successor and maybe an A9 II successor - n case this successor ever appears the price of the A9 II might go down significantly - if not people can buy today already at ridiculously low prices on the grey market.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM Sony FE 14mm F1.8 GM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow