A1 temptation, so...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Beatsy
Beatsy Senior Member • Posts: 1,171
Re: A1 temptation, so...

aSevenArr wrote:

Old Pirate wrote:

I don't need three cameras so do I trade my A7riv or A9ii? Anyone who has shot all three who would share their opinion I would appreciate.

I travel.

I love to shoot BIF.

Grandchildren portraits, and cameos, and their sports indoors and out are done alot in non Covid times.

I am leaning towards keeping the A9ii, but seeking opinions of others in the event this old man simply is missing the obvious.

Thank you for your input.

I wouldn't buy an A1 personally but it seems to me that the A1 is really supposed to be a kind of a super "A9III" so if you buy into that marketing then it makes most sense to lose your A9ii.

But if it were me I can think of far better ways to spend the ~$7K (including the tax) that will make far more of a difference to my results. (such as some new glass).

I have to ask why *you* bought an A9 when you already had an A7r then? By your reasoning, that money would have been better spent on more glass too.

Beatsy's gear list:Beatsy's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow