Turn off all but one focus point with R Series? Or leave them all on?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gedansky Regular Member • Posts: 258
Turn off all but one focus point with R Series? Or leave them all on?

When I got my rebel T6, I thought the nine focus points would work together, like a topographical map of my subject, to make focus sharper. But I learned that all 9 focus points for whatever was closest, and that I needed to turn all but one off.

When I got my 7D Mark 2, with 65 crossover focus points and the fastest, most complex AF system shy of the 1DX Mark III, I expected the focus points to work better together, and they do.  But, unless you are shooting at birds in an unobstructed sky, you still have to shut off all but one.

if an iPhone can map and recognize your face with 30K beams of infrared.  And any smartphone keyboard, from the old BlackBerry hard keyboards, to all current soft keyboards, use algorithms to tell what key you intended to hit because they are all so close to each other, then a camera‚Äôs AF system should be able to do the same... make the focus points work together to map the subject and an algorithm to be certain the camera has captured the correct subject.  
So, how about the R series? Did they finally get it right?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS Rebel T6 (EOS 1300D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow