Powering E-M1 III With AC

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HH1 New Member • Posts: 23
Powering E-M1 III With AC

The battery in the E-M1 III runs down pretty quickly when doing video recording in a studio.

I would like to be able to plug the camera in for studio use both for video and still photography.

The manual for the E-M1 III refers to an AC adapter (AC-5), but this seems to also require the HLD-9. I don't want to add a grip to the camera and the combination seems to be an expensive way to do something pretty basic for studio use. Is there any less expensive way to power the camera by AC?

Alternatively, it appears that the USB connection can be used for power. The manual says that USB AC adapters conforming to the USB Power Delivery (USB PD)
standard can be used. Is there an AC to USB-C adapter that works well with this camera?

The manual says that if the USB connection is in use HDMI output cannot be used. If I use the USB for power, can I use HDMI with the camera?

If I use USB for power, I would not be able to connect my computer to the camera for use with Olympus Capture. My need for AC power for the camera is in a studio, so this is a serious limitation. Can I connect the camera to a wireless network in the building or is the only option to connect the computer directly to the camera?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow