Olympus E-M1 III Tethered Video Recording

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HH1 New Member • Posts: 23
Olympus E-M1 III Tethered Video Recording

I need to record some videos in a studio with an E-M1 Mark III. I want to be able to control the settings and view the results from a tethered computer.

I have been experimenting with Olympus Capture, but I cannot figure out a few things.

1. I set Olympus Capture to save to the computer drive. This works for still photos, but videos still are saved to the SD card in the camera. Is there a way to save the videos directly to the computer hard drive?
  2. Some video settings that I have present in camera do not show up on Capture. The only options are a various FHD and HD with a maximum of 30fps. Is it possible to record 4K or to use higher frame rates with FHD when tethered with Olympus Capture? If not, is there another way to record 4K when tethered?
  3. If I use auto ISO, I don't see anywhere in Capture that the selected ISO is displayed. If I use Aperture priority, I can see the selected shutter speed. If I use P mode, I can see the aperture and shutter selected, but nothing about the ISO.
  4. When a recording is complete, how can I view the recording on the SD card from the computer.
  5. Is there a way to have a 3-2-1 count down before recording begins?
  6. Can start/stop/pause recording be done by remote control such as a phone app.

Thanks for any advice for using this camera in tethered mode.

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow