A1 temptation, so...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
BruceRH Senior Member • Posts: 2,846
Re: A1 temptation, so...

Old Pirate wrote:

I don't need three cameras so do I trade my A7riv or A9ii? Anyone who has shot all three who would share their opinion I would appreciate.

I travel.

I love to shoot BIF.

Grandchildren portraits, and cameos, and their sports indoors and out are done alot in non Covid times.

I am leaning towards keeping the A9ii, but seeking opinions of others in the event this old man simply is missing the obvious.

Thank you for your input.

Personally, I would sell both and just use the A1. I enjoy BIF and briefly owned a used A9ii but I preferred the A7Riv for cropping and I also enjoy landscape and travel photography such as Cathedral interiors. I couldn’t justify both bodies so I sold the A9ii for what I bought it for. Now, I see the A1 as a perfect all in one Sony body for me. I’ll wait until the dust settles and pick up a mint used one at some point. They always show up within a month or two after launch. That keeps my cost lower and when it is time to upgrade in a few more years, I won’t lose too much. I love the A7Riv and while the focusing is not as good as the A9 series or the new A1, it is still not to shabby. The Bird AF is very tempting though so yes, at some point I see an A1 in my future.

BruceRH's gear list:BruceRH's gear list
Sony RX100 III Ricoh GR III Olympus TG-6 Olympus PEN-F Sony a7R IV +32 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow