Need a little help\advice for repairing a Sony HX300

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CranstonSnord New Member • Posts: 4
Need a little help\advice for repairing a Sony HX300

I have had a Sony HX300 camera now for probably 7-8 years if I had to guess. I have taken thousands of photos with it and it has been a great camera. Last weekend, the mode dial just stopped working. It just turns freely and there is no click into place for any of the modes. It is set on auto and I cannot change it. I looked online for a replacement part, but could not find too many options, and the few I did find were too much money. Ebay had one for about $80.00 , but it was in China. Considering its age and I remember paying about $300.00 for it, I thought it was bit much for a small plastic part. I have already ordered a new camera, but am still trying to fix this. I doubt if this is the problem, but how in the world do you get the dial off? I have removed the part that the dial is on, but prying up on the dial itself does not seem to make it just pop off. I really am a bit afraid to put too much pressure on it as I do not want to damage it further. I know at this point, it may not matter, but has anybody ever dealt with this issue before?

Thank you in advance for anybody that has any ideas!

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow