Mirroless camera video af in sports(biking)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hotel12 New Member • Posts: 5
Mirroless camera video af in sports(biking)

Hi, I'am mountain biker and I film my rides in forests now with Insta360 one r. Its very good and 360 opens lots of editing capabilities but I want more depth of field and of course quality as insta360 sensor needs light. So question is can modern mirroless cameras track me if I put camera on tripod or maybe on gimbal? If I ride towards camera example, a7c,xt4,S1/S5, R6 or A7s3 can cameras autofocus track me and give that dof? And without anyone guiding camera, as I'am one mans camera crew and I need to ride😄.

Or is it only option put camera everything in focus(small aperature)?

Can any gimbal track at speed? Searching hybrid camera because I would of course take pictures when I'am with friends riding.

In the past I had canon 7d but I sold it many years ago but now coming also back to mtb and I found my self enjoying riding and taking videos on my rides and editing videos with Davinci studio.

Many thanks

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS R6 Sony a7 Sony a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow