Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 18,884
Re: Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Michael Thomas Mitchell wrote:

Jack Calypso wrote:

M system supporters want more development in the system. Action shooters want RF-on-APS-C.

My wife has an M50. It's a nice little camera. But compared to EFS, the lenses are too expensive for what they are, and I don't see any third party development. Still, they are very popular with Youtubers.

What EF-M lenses are expensive compared to EF-S?

To satisfy both, make an EOS-RM camera, APS-C with IBIS, a nice shutter, and interchangeable lens mounts.

Canon's mirrorless strategy seems apparent now: APS-C for the M format and full-frame for R. And they do not appear to be concerned about pros using the M system.

Add interchangeable top plates for with and without EVF, to quiet arguments about those.

Canon also seems committed to pure mirrorless. And the M6II's add-on EVF seems to be one of the most disdained features they've yet introduced in that system.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Samyang AF 35mm F1.8 FE Samyang AF 45mm F1.8 FE
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow