A1 temptation, so...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
DoctorKajita
DoctorKajita Contributing Member • Posts: 609
Re: A1 temptation, so...

Rob J wrote:

Sure, the value is that it can do it all, but the thing that sets it apart from the A9 and A7R series is the combination of 30 FPS + resolution + Bird Eye-AF. You don't need this combination for any other type of photography.

I believe I'm preaching to the choir

Not preaching to the choir - this choir tries to be open minded. The BIF aspects are certainly worth consideration for that type of photography and if you do a lot of it (which I do) and I'm sure that the A1 would have gotten several missed shots that I've experienced with my A7R. I'm just not so sure that I can justify the several thousand dollar difference for the sake of a few missed shots, at least at this point.

With that said, who knows down the road? Will I eventually give in? The jury is still out on that one. The A1 certainly looks to be as good a camera as you can get from Sony right now and the temptation is strong for most of us.

US $6,500 is a lot of money. Almost half of the 600 GM :).

I'm in the same boat. One day. That one day will probably be when the A1 mk3 is announced. LOL.

DoctorKajita's gear list:DoctorKajita's gear list
Sony a1 Sony FE 100mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow