E-M5 Mk III vs Sony a6400

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
guy_incognito1 Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: E-M5 Mk III vs Sony a6400

I guess if there was an easy way to get Aperture set and use the top dial for Shutter Speed, I could get use to it. I just haven't found a customization that works for me yet. I may spend the next few weekends mucking around with it to see if I can customize it or pay the camera shop to help me.

https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1810/v1/en/contents/TP0002264646.html

1. Set the mode dial to M (Manual Exposure).
  2. Select the desired shutter speed by turning the control wheel.
    Select the desired aperture value by turning the control dial.
    • You can switch the functions of the control dial and the control wheel using MENU →

(Camera Settings2) → [Dial/Wheel Setup].
    • You can also set [ISO] to [ISO AUTO] in manual exposure mode. The ISO value automatically changes to achieve the appropriate exposure using the aperture value and shutter speed you have set.
    • When [ISO] is set to [ISO AUTO], the ISO value indicator will blink if the value you have set is not suitable for appropriate exposure. If this happens, change the shutter speed or aperture value.
    • When [ISO] is set to other than [ISO AUTO], use MM (Metered Manual)* to check the exposure value.
      Toward +: Images become brighter.
      Toward -: Images become darker.
      0: Appropriate exposure analyzed by the product.*Indicates under/over for appropriate exposure. It is displayed using a numerical value on the monitor and with a metering indicator on the viewfinder.
  3. Adjust the focus and shoot the subject.
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow