Sandhill Cranes from the Lake Deck

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Saumbi
Saumbi Regular Member • Posts: 209
Sandhill Cranes from the Lake Deck

These two pair are welcome annual pair's that have returned for the past 4 years like clockwork! I caught them flying in after coming back from breakfast. Thankfully they are always voicetress coming home, so I had some warning to prepare for this opportunity and had the camera on the gimbal to get these shots. But didn't expect both pair to come in at they same time, a rare catch.

Most of my opportunities on the deck require different setup spots and in order to capture them and require the lack of the tripod, as they must be taken offhand, or miss them. All the deck activity is just natural, and as it naturally presents itself, I am blessed to have this wilderness getaway.

The first pair coming in at the far end of the marshy peninsula between the deck and Lake.

And a quick shot to catch it's mate.

They headed towards the land end of the Marsh where the second Pair was coming in.

The second pair landing majestically with the chanel to the North Lake behind it.

The second one of the second pair landing close beside it's mate.

They seldom land on the same side of the channel, but after joining up for 5 or so minutes.

Then the one pair took flight to go back on the side they are usually on, with one of the pesky Marsh Red Winged Blackbirds antagonising all the way across the channel

Saumbi's gear list:Saumbi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow