Milky Way over the Colorado River

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lord_of_light Forum Member • Posts: 76
Milky Way over the Colorado River

I took this one last weekend from a nice overlook above the Colorado River at Dead Horse Point in Utah. It was taken using a Sony A7r3 with a Sony 20mm f/1.8 lens .   Composite of 12 x 60sec  for the sky plus 12 x 60sec for the foreground.  All taken at f/2 and ISO 640.   Sky was tracked using a SW Star Adventurer.

This site was pretty dark though you can still see some LP from a distant town.   I left the foreground pretty dark but frankly it surprises me how much you can see given that nothing was visible to eye.

On another note, I had hoped to put together a panorama using my 35mm Tamron lens, but I was getting some weird behavior where the exposure was changing wildly from shot to shot.   I don't know what was going on but suspect it may be some type of incompatibility between the Sony camera, the Sigma MC-11 converter, and the Tamron lens (for Canon) that I was using.   I updated the software on the MC-11 afterwards and will try again, but if anyone else has seen this type of behavior please lmk.

thanks for looking.

John

lord_of_light's gear list:lord_of_light's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a7 III Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow