Probability of M7

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
PhotoPhart
PhotoPhart Senior Member • Posts: 2,278
Canon is finished with this line

Noogy wrote:

While I don't disagree with most people here that an M7 is unlikely, I will say I think Canon will release another M model that will cater to the mount's mainstream customer. It might become more niche down the road therefore, something they need to keep doing because they need to keep competing in the "small" body cropped sensor interchangeable lens category.

I agree with you in that sense that Canon doesn't mind what it's doing with this line. They are not throwing much at it, but I'm sure there are reasons they like it to.

It is not serious completion to their R mount, but it does provide a nice entry into Canon cameras for people who are not interested in owning the latest heavy expensive gear

It's a value camera line that helps to draw customers away from other manufacturers.

Canon doesn't mind trying to capture ever bit of this type of market. They had a fair number of compact cameras out there in the day.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow