What is the best size for a camera?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Parker21 Forum Member • Posts: 85
What is the best size for a camera?

I was looking at old reviews for various compact cameras and once again, i came across the argument that says "the camera is too small and does not have a proper grip, buttons are too small" etc. Which apparently is a big drawback.

You would think a professional reviewer would tell that by definition, a compact pocket camera cannot have a good grip, nice big dials, and all the other features a dslr might have. It makes perfect sense that a camera that fits inside a pocket will never be as pleasant to hold as a camera 5 times larger.

The size of a camera is a feature, same as on cars. Some people buy small cars because they want a small car, while others need the comfort of a big car. There is no universal benchmarck for these things.

I love the feel of a semi pro dslr body, but what i like even more is something i can easily carry. It's a trade-off.

And since we're on subject, what is your ideal camera size(lens included)? For me, chunky compact cameras like the panasonic LX/TZ line ups and the olympus XZ-2 feel just right. They are not ultra compacts, but they can easily fit inside a jacket pocket. Same applies for cameras like the olympus epl series with a prime lens. They are small enough to carry around with ease while at the same time feeling sunstantial enough while in use.

So, what is the perfect size for a camera?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
YWG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow