Fujifilm X-S10 video autofocus better than Lumix camera's?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eivissa1
eivissa1 Contributing Member • Posts: 620
Fujifilm X-S10 video autofocus better than Lumix camera's?

I have a Lumix G80 camera. The autofocus in video mode is, as we all know, not one of the best. When I take interviews on the street the image is still moving and gets out of focus. I could wait for the newest Lumix camera, but I am afraid that improvements on the autofocus is just wishful thinking.

I wonder if someone who had a G80, G7 or GX80 and now owns a X-S10 could share his experiences about the autofocus on video. When I read reviews, the comments are always OK, but sometimes the eye-face detect changes or loses the face.

Is the autofocus for video on the X-S10 much better than the Lumix camera's or just a bit better? Or in other words, is the autofocus on the X-S10 reliable or does it have its flaws?

To buy or not to buy the X-S10; as far as I am concerned, only if there is a substantial difference.

I appreciate your reaction in advance.

eivissa1's gear list:eivissa1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S +3 more
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow