Camera for newcomer. Lost after research.

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Air_Space New Member • Posts: 14
Camera for newcomer. Lost after research.

Hi,

I would like to get a good camera, because while my phone takes good photos, I'd like to get a bit more control over the pictures I take.

When I was looking at all the possible options the market offers, I got a bit lost. Main use for the camera will be taking pictures, video is not super important, but still it should be able to do a decent job. Mainly for that matter (and because it seems to be the tech of future) I'd prefer to go with mirrorless system.

My full budget is around 750 EUR and I do not have any previous camera equipment (apart from my little tripod). I'd like for it to have possible upgrade path, so I can get maybe a FF camera or a newer model and reuse the lens.

Mainly I'd like to shoot landscapes, architecture, portraits of people or animals in the zoo (I might try other stuff, but these are the important things).

Now to the options I have found:

• Canon M50 / Canon M50 Mark II - found it with 15 - 45 mm kit lens
  • Sony A6000 - with 16 - 50 mm kit lens, older gen - the A6100 is just outside of my budget
  • Nikon Z50 - with 16 - 50 mm kit lens, found one on the upper end of my budget - new with 2 year warranty

And then couple of DSLRs:

• Nikon D3500 - only found one with 18-140 VR kit lens
  • Nikon D5600 - with 18 - 55 VR kit lens

I'd be glad for any input and advice. Also if anyone knows any reputable shops in the EU (e.g. with refurbished cameras), I'll be happy to take a look at it.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Nikon D3500 Nikon D5600 Nikon Z50 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow