Nokishita: Canon R3

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Tazz93
Tazz93 Senior Member • Posts: 2,978
Re: Guessing the Canon R3 price is a complete coin flip now

NickZ2016 wrote:

You can believe Canon when they tell you the R3 is between the R5 and the 1DX or you can not believe them.

I get what you mean, but honestly, I wouldn't take a 1Dx III over an R5 right now. There's no way the R3 will be less of a camera than the 1Dx III. Just isn't possible. That's not to say the 1Dx III can't do something better than the R5 or R3, just to say I prefer the overall package of the R5 more (and very likely the R3). Now, that said, Canon very well may throw a Hail Mary and repeat what the R5 did with the A9, undercut its opponent and outperform it.  We'll have to wait and see. If we get lucky and the R3 is ONLY $4800-5300 I'll be jumping for joy, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Also we don't know if its going to be a 20 MP body or not (which would just deflate all of my interest in it).

Likely the vast majority of the buyers in this market are trading in worn out cameras. It takes a lot to convince people to swap systems and trading in a big bag of expensive lenses.

You'd be surprised on this one. I've seen no less the 10 people (possibly as many as 15) swap out expensive 1Dx II's and 600 L II's in the last 2 years for Sony A9's and 600 GMs (some with the 200-600). Obviously, this isn't everyone, but if you run in the right circles, you'll see it.

Mike Jackson - Wildlife Photography Enthusiast
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mj_flickr/

Tazz93's gear list:Tazz93's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow