Ryzen 7 5800x CPU cooler - is this one good enough?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 16,644
Re: Ryzen 7 5800x CPU cooler - is this one good enough?

Big Swifty wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. Forgot to mention:

Asus Tuf Gaming B550M - Plus (mATX)

MSI GTX 1650 Super Gaming

Cooler Master N200 (mini tower) case - "Supports air CPU cooler heights up to 160mm/6.3inch." Also "Supports a 240mm liquid cooling radiator in the front."

What are you paying for the 5800x? In the USA best bang for the buck is the i7-10700. If you were originally considering R5 3600, the i7 will be a step up from that, although a little behind the 5800x. i7-10700 is like $275 in the States vs $450 for Ryzen 5800x. It also comes with a built in iGPU, so you can skip the overpriced GPU for now and wait for prices to settle. I really recommend mid-range Intel right now just because of crazy prices on AMD and GPUs.

As to your cooler question, I recommend beQuiet Dark rock slim (not the Pure Rock slim you suggested). It's a big step up and is pretty much silent while keeping my 12 core Ryzen at very good temps even under full load. It costs about $50-60 so not ridiculous.

Hyper 212 is also good enough performance for cheap, but is not very quiet.

AIO Liquid does not actually provide significantly better performance than a good Air cooler.  Check out reviews and youtube comparisons.  It's basically down to just better aesthetics and room to work inside your case.  Many reviews and youtube videos confirm this.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow