Minolta AF 50mm F/3.5 Macro Lens For Sony Minolta A-mount

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
QuietOC
QuietOC Veteran Member • Posts: 4,834
Re: Minolta AF 50mm F/3.5 Macro Lens For Sony Minolta A-mount

ProfHankD wrote:

QuietOC wrote:

ProfHankD wrote:

I don't happen to have the AF 50mm f/3.5 macro, but my Rokkor 50mm f/3.5 is way better than what you're showing. Is there something wrong with that lens?

Maybe. I didn't see any obvious signs. This was my second or third copy. The MD 50mm F3.5 I had was worse. Minolta 50's do tend to vary quite a bit.

Were you using an LA-EA2/4 to AF? It might be you have an issue with needing to tweak the focus micro adjustment. I personally haven't run into much of that issue, but some folks have significant front/back focus using the SLT PDAF without tweaking the AF micro adjust. Note that the tweak needed can also be lens dependent, so you'd want to adjust using that lens.

LA-EA3 on an A6000. I don't use AF for testing lenses. Most often I use focus magnification on large 1080p monitor. I do sometimes find the focus drifting when using screw-driven lenses on the LA-EA3. I also wish Sony would implement stopped down focusing for A-mount lenses.

QuietOC's gear list:QuietOC's gear list
Pentax Q7 Sony a7R IV NEX-5T Sony a77 II Sony a7R II +96 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow