Gave my refurb D3500 a workout

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bluzman
bluzman Senior Member • Posts: 1,019
Gave my refurb D3500 a workout

I got an email on 4/2 announcing Nikon's 4 day refurb sale. Now, it isn't like I needed another camera and/or lens but, as we all know, "need" often has nothing to do with buying gear. Also, I've been toying with the idea of getting a used D3500 just for grins.

Anyway, while I was sipping my first cup of coffee, I logged into the Nikon website to see what was available. I checked the box to display DSLRs but didn't see a D3500 in the list. Ok, no big deal but while I was already on-line, I decided to have a look at lenses. As I scrolled through the list, lo and behold, there was a D3500 with the AF-P DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR kit lens. For the pair, and with a 10% discount also applied, the cost was about half of the MSRP for a new D3500 body. Too good a deal to pass up.

A few days later, the big brown truck delivered the refurbished D3500. I configured the camera for shooting AF-C using back button focus, took a picture, and checked for the shutter count. Counting my shot, the shutter count was 2.

Fast forward to this past weekend. In springtime, the City of Mckinney, TX holds what it calls its "Arts in Bloom" event. It's staged in the historic downtown area where the streets are closed to vehicle traffic for the event. Local and regional artisans and small businesses of every stripe display their wares for viewing and sale. There isn't any cost to visit the event. It's basically a street fair and there's food and drink available. Also, there are activities like face painting and art projects for kids, too.

The event didn't happen in 2020 for obvious reasons. This year it looked to me like the pent up desire to be out about resulted in a larger number of folks showing up than what I remember from 2019.

Anyway, I took the refurbished D3500 and AF-P DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR kit lens and walked around, shooting as I went. Here are some of the images. Looked to me like young and old alike were having a good time.

bluzman's gear list:bluzman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Nikon D750 Nikon D7500 Nikon D3500 Nikon Z50 +19 more
Nikon D3500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow