Compressed Loseless - Safe to Use?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zoba132 Regular Member • Posts: 494
Compressed Loseless - Safe to Use?

Hi everyone,

In the past I tried to move into RAW shooting, but I was pretty shocked figuring out It's 4 times bigger than the Camera JPEG, and decided to take a step back.

I have more experience now, and I find myself post-processing more often. I am a casual photographer. I will take the Camera for a family event, take 100 photos, and cull to around 40. Out of those 40, I will pick the 5-10 I like best, and post-process them before sending to the Family. The others 30-35 photos are not bad, just not perfect (but still fun to look at when I want a walk on memory lane). I probably not going to post-process those. This raise another question. Maybe those 30-35 photos shouldn't stay RAW and I should just blindly process them to JPEG (like the Camera would do).

Also, I recently discovered the 'Compressed Loseless" RAW settings in my Fuji Camera, and it It means RAW files are only 2 times bigger compared to JPEG. That's something i can live with.

My question is, is there any reason I should stay away from Compress Loseless format before I completely sink into it? I tried view those in Faststone, Photo Mechanic and Lightroom - and all worked. But I wonder if there's a chance that I'm going to have future problems to open my compressed RAW files? (like new Compressing method that will make the old absolute or unpopular to support?)

Thanks!

Zoba132's gear list:Zoba132's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow