Moving from APS-C (80D) to FF (R6 or RP)

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
bwbrock Contributing Member • Posts: 804
Re: Moving from APS-C (80D) to FF (R6 or RP)

If you mainly shoot landscape, I'm not sure how much you're gaining that you'll notice making a switch. The EF glass you have will work fine/better on the R-bodies (AF). The occasional portrait shooting will certainly be better with an R6 and its eye AF.

For all-around shooting, I'd suggest swing to the R6. Having had a 5DmkIV and only based on comparative tests posted vs the R6, I'd say the R6 would give up very minor actual captured-detail-resolution compared to a 5DmkIV due to the less-intrusive AA filter on the R6. The cost difference between them is minor given performance.

However, if you pick out and crop details from landscapes, or want to, I don't see a gain there for your main use. A good used 5DsR or 5Ds will be a huge advantage for detailed landscapes and still pull off the everyday portrait shooting. Just a thought, anyway.

Your decision depends on what you want to gain. Better AF? The R6 no question and I think the R6 resolves detail better with fewer pixels than an RP if the pixel-peeping is a consideration. Rent both and compare, if you can. Good luck.

-- hide signature --

'Warning labels defeat the effectiveness of natural selection.'

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow