Why firms are focusing on Video in my opinion

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jeff4500
Jeff4500 Senior Member • Posts: 1,836
Why firms are focusing on Video in my opinion

Pretend you are a counselor to a senior in high school or someone in college who wants to make a choice of what to study. Let’s say this person is interested in some kind of art degree but wants to make a reasonable living with hopes to do creative stuff on the side – perhaps with a goal of doing that full time.

Would you recommend that person become a stills photographer or a videographer?

Where are the opportunities?

Which job market is alive and growing?

What is the most cost effective way to obtain the tools needed to develop the required sills?

I think camera manufacturers have already seen this opportunity and have positioned products to fulfill the needs of the current markets. Still photographers are IMHO lucky that stills still have value in the current media.

I think this is why we are seeing such a focus on video. The cost of cameras like the Gx85 and the kit lenses mean that almost any person with a modest income can get tools to create/learn with and those at community or state colleges are without avenues to learn the profession. Voids in markets don’t stay open long and IMHO that is why the market is now hybrid cameras.

I also believe that the market needs both camcorders and hybrids to service all content creators needs.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff4500's gear list:Jeff4500's gear list
Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow