Nokishita: Canon R3

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Tazz93
Tazz93 Senior Member • Posts: 2,978
Re: Guessing the Canon R3 price is a complete coin flip now

Marximus wrote:

The press release states this:

"This camera will usher in a new category to the EOS R system, positioned squarely between the EOS R5 and EOS-1D X Mark III cameras."

It makes sense that the price would be between those two, as well.

LOL, I hope that's right, but it does seem as though Canon plans to push the 1DxIII replacement in to the stratosphere price wise. And the abilities of the R3, from the beta shooter that I've heard of, is stronger than the A1.

So I'm guessing a lower price is unlikely. But that is obviously based on two things. First, an R1 is actually on route and is priced is north of normal. Secondly, its based on the R3 holding a level of tech that is significantly stronger than the A1. Neither is a guarantee, but knowing who said the R3 is a better camera, I'm inclined to believe that shooter.  But again, better is subjective and not something everyone can hang their hat on.

No use arguing what could be, because neither of us have a working crystal ball. You're in one camp on price, I'm in the other. Let's see what's right when its revealed. Considering the Canon affiliated testers have had the cameras for a little bit, I'd bet we'll know very soon. That said... I hope you're right, for my bank account's sake.

-- hide signature --

Mike Jackson - Wildlife Photography Enthusiast
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mj_flickr/

Tazz93's gear list:Tazz93's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow