Sx70

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Confusedabit Senior Member • Posts: 2,406
Re: Sx70

Elliern wrote:

I have decided to order another sx70 after the first one was defective. I should be getting it on Thursday. Want to try it out for BIFs and small birds.
Any suggestions for settings would be appreciated. In the past, I always used JPEG in S mode.
I seem to be having bad luck with my recent bridge cameras. The zoom on my Nikon P950 started acting up and B&H recommended I return it as it was still in the 30 day window.
Really hoping this one works because I am out of options. Will just have to stick to using my DSLR for everything.

There doesn’t seem to be anyone using the Sx70. Hope I didn’t make a terrible mistake

Interesting if you end up with both a P950 and a SX70 seeing how they perform one against the other at similar reach.

I get the impression that Nikon seem to get more out of the sensors than Canon at high ISOs. The cameralabs.com comparison of the SX70 against the B6100 showed that.

https://www.cameralabs.com/canon-powershot-sx70-hs-review/2/

Sometimes I am tempted by the SX70 because in good light the images look very good but will make do with an Nikon A1000 which does for the moment. The SX70 is not cheap and it would be nice if a SX80 ever appears if they could get at least a Sony 18mp in to it rather than the 20mp ones which always seemed arch smearmeisters at high ISO.

Confusedabit's gear list:Confusedabit's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX620 HS Nikon Coolpix A1000 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Fujifilm X-T20 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow