Helping me to shot andromeda

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jjuncal Junior Member • Posts: 32
Helping me to shot andromeda

Hi there.

I'm planning on shooting Andromeda this summer and I'd like to get advices on which lens and all available advices to make it the best way for a first try and maybe this could help others so I decides te make points down below to make easier for replies. feel free to add anything else.

available material :

• Nikon z7
  • 70-200mm 2.8s
  • star tracker with declination bracket.
  • tripod (obviously)

1. focal length selection ?

I have a Nikon z7 with the 70-200mm 2.8s and was thinking on pairing with de 2x tele converter to reach a 400mm focal length.

would it be enough length to have details or should I plan to rent something higher?

2. adding anything else?

I saw videos of people using guide scope to extend from 30s to 2min or more time of exposure. but it has a cost of course... any additional filters for night sky?

3. Camera Settings (ISO).

Of course I imagine the more gathered light the best but should I not exceed a certain number of iso?

4. How many white/black frames?

planning on shooting the most in an 1h30 window (camera battery life I guess). what amount of frames should be a minimum to get a descent result?

5. find it and focus

any technics to find it fast and focus properly ?

thanks a lot for your replies.

cheers

jjuncal's gear list:jjuncal's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z7 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G +7 more
ANSWER:
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow