XF 27mmF2.8 R WR Secured.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Techvet Forum Member • Posts: 84
XF 27 mm IN HAND!

My XF 27 MkII arrived yesterday from B&H and I immediately paired it with my X-E3.  B&H still show it as backordered, so I assume the stock they received went to pre-orders only.

I really like the field of view, the compactness, and the weight of the lens!   I tried the included hood, but am not a fan of the press on cap that using it requires.   Taking it on and off seems to put a lot of pressure on the front lens element (which of course moves), so I elected to put a B+W clear filter on it and called it good.   I may revisit that decision if flare becomes an issue.

As others have pointed out, the MkII is noisy, especially when running stop to stop.   However it’s not as noticeable when shifting between subjects that are somewhat close together.  Video use of this lens will be a never to very rare experience for me, so I’m not bothered.

What’s sort of cool is that my wife has an old (but still functional) Minolta Hi-matic G rangefinder that she used for years in the pre-digital era.  Size wise it and the X-E3 are almost identical including its 39mm lens, so a very similar FOV to the XE3/XF27 combo.   Surprisingly, the XE3/XF27 combo is lighter than the Hi-matic G and of course is TONS more capable, so it may become my go to street and hiking set-up.

Techvet's gear list:Techvet's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow