Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Jack Calypso Contributing Member • Posts: 707
Re: Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Michael Thomas Mitchell wrote:

Jack Calypso wrote:

M system supporters want more development in the system. Action shooters want RF-on-APS-C.

My wife has an M50. It's a nice little camera. But compared to EFS, the lenses are too expensive for what they are, and I don't see any third party development. Still, they are very popular with Youtubers.

To satisfy both, make an EOS-RM camera, APS-C with IBIS, a nice shutter, and interchangeable lens mounts.

Canon's mirrorless strategy seems apparent now: APS-C for the M format and full-frame for R. And they do not appear to be concerned about pros using the M system.

Add interchangeable top plates for with and without EVF, to quiet arguments about those.

Canon also seems committed to pure mirrorless. And the M6II's add-on EVF seems to be one of the most disdained features they've yet introduced in that system.

Just letting my imagination run away . . .

I have an RP and an M6 mkII. The RP doesn't see a lot of use yet while I wait for the RF lens I ordered. My "Standard Zoom" is the old 28-135mm which is nothing special (plus, the I.S. is LOUD!).

The M6 is the one I gravitate to. I've put together a fair amount of kit around it in the short time I've had it.

I'm trying to decide what to do about my 80D. It's still recent enough that i don't feel too hobbled by it. The added features of the 90D are very cool, but I have the sensor in the M6, so I can defer that. I have really taken to mirrorless in a big way, and struggle to think of when I'd want to use a DSLR now.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow