Basic questions - wannabe MF user

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
NotASpeckOfCereal Senior Member • Posts: 1,948
Re: Basic questions - wannabe MF user

Theia wrote:
[...]

But I often carry a GFX50S with an EVF tilt adapter (and the 32-64mm) on a wrist strap all day long. And if I can do it, anyone can.

I hear ya there. But it's not the camera + lens that's the problem for me, because the 100s is really in the FF size / weight category. and most of the GF primes are no big whoop.

It's me being a traveling landscape photographer, with the whole bag of 5 lenses and all of the things I want to schlep from the car out to location. It could be a bag with fewer things/lenses, but then I might be a mile out and think "Gee, this 45mm is nice, but I wish I would'a brought the 30mm for this".

Lately I've preferred having the 45mm mounted while walking, mostly because its a superb prime that matches what I like at the moment, not because it's considerably lighter than the zoom. If I need to carry more, it's probably just one other lens and the PD carbon fibre tripod in a small PacSafe backpack. I don't like those one-shoulder bags even though they promise easier access.

Yeah, I've tried them and they don't work for me either.

NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list:NotASpeckOfCereal's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D850 Fujifilm GFX 100S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow