Can OMDS really deliver at all? - "Now" vs. "Wow" camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EspE1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,290
Can OMDS really deliver at all? - "Now" vs. "Wow" camera

I've read the recent inteview with Aki Murata, Chief Operating Officer of OM Digital Solutions https://www.dpreview.com/interviews/1852244131/interview-aki-murata-of-omds-olympus-we-re-more-flexible-now where he i.a. states "Some of the advisers that we’ve worked with during the process of the transition to OMDS have told us that this is one of the smoothest transitions they’ve ever seen, and I think the team has done a great job making that happen."

Well, there may be different viewpoints from which one considers this. From my experience as an end-customer I really wonder what's going on:

4 weeks ago I bought an E-M1.3 from a Norwegian store, the last they had in stock -- except that it turned out that there was a registry fault so in reality they had none. Which apparently put them in line with the rest of photo shops in this country -- so currently the whole country seem to be empty of new E-M1.3. (Mk ii and MX is available, though.)

Over these 4 weeks the photo store informs me that they have tried to obtain deliveries from OMDS, or at least to get a confirmed delivery date. "Nada", they tell me so far. I'm told that the sales/marketing activities they are in touch with, seem to be fairly chaotic and that there seems to be major logistical challenges, (which I guess must refer to Olympus Europe, in Hamburg).

So for all OMDS' fluffy speach about a future "Wow"-camera, (which will be announced this year -- how long between announcement and delivery of 150-400 ...), I'm at this stage satisfied if I can get a camera "nooowww!". Is OMDS able to deliver it?

Have any of you info on similar problems in other countries?

EspE1's gear list:EspE1's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus E-1 +19 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Yxa
Yxa
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow