E-M1 mk2, mk3 & M1X firmware update process

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Box Brownie Veteran Member • Posts: 3,399
E-M1 mk2, mk3 & M1X firmware update process

Hi all

I would welcome your help in gauging users experiences of firmware updating.

The instructions say to remove the SD cards from the camera before running the update process but have you ever inadvertently left them in and/or been advised when talking to Olympus/OM-DS technical support in your locale that the instructions are (now?) incorrect and the SD card is required to be left in?

I hope the choices in this poll are logical though without making the list too long it would be additionally useful if "yes" to question 4 you can post which locale you are and as such which region of Tech Support you spoke to?

TIA for taking the time to add your insight to the poll

POLL
I have always followed the Olympus Instructions and removed the SD card(s) and the update always went OK.
7.3% 3  votes
I forgot to remove the SD card(s) and it updated fine.
90.2% 37  votes
I forgot to remove the SD card(s) and had a problem requiring tech support.
2.4% 1  vote
I spoke to Tech Support because I was having a problem updating the firmware and they explicitly told me to insert an empty SD card and format it in the camera before updating the firmware.
0.0% 0  votes
  Show results
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow